You Are Here: > About

About

We are located at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  If you want to see more about the university and town check out this video.  The glass-fronted building featured in two different shots at the beginning is the location of our joint lab space with the Michigan Nanotechnology Institute for Biology and Medicinal Science (MNiMBS).

Active research projects within the group include studies on gene and drug delivery, nanoparticle toxicity, nanoscale collagen structure, and chemical education research.

If you want to know more about being a graduate student in the Department of Chemistry check out this video.  That is former group member Casey Dougherty at about the 0:57 mark.

The talented scientists working in the group have diverse professional backgrounds and interests. Given the interdisciplinary nature of the research projects, the differing perspectives of all subdisciplines of chemistry, as well as the fields of Physics, Applied Physics, Biophysics, Biomedical Engineering, and Macromolecular Science and Engineering are extremely valuable to the overall group dynamic.

The Flame of Wisdom, a scultpure outside of our biomedical labs.  The artist Leonardo Nierman states:  "Remembering my emotions, my original thought of creating this Flame of Wisdom during my visit to your campus and playing with the idea of doing a sculpture, I felt that it would be a great opportunity to pay tribute to the wonderful minds that live in the campus crystallizing so many wonderful dreams that will enrich mankind until the end of time."

"Group Graduation"  May 2013

In 2013, Prof. Banaszak Holl was selected one of the Top 25 STEM Professors in the State of Michigan.